Lead Academic Departments
Three academic departments in the Temerty Faculty of Medicine lead the Joannah & Brian Lawson Centre for Child Nutrition:
Professor Daniel Sellen is the Director of the Lawson Centre. Appointed by the Dean of the Temerty Faculty of Medicine, the Director focuses on scholarship, education, strategy and operations that enable the Centre to fulfill its vision and mission, and to meet priorities in the near- and long-term.
The Committee includes the Dean of Temerty Medicine, the Director, and the Chairs of the departments of Nutritional Sciences, Family & Community Medicine, and Paediatrics.
The Committee's main roles are:
- To ensure that the Lawson Centre is operating in alignment with its mission, vision, and goals
- To review the Lawson Centre’s strategic plan
- To review the annual operating plans, budget and financial statements
- To monitor compliance with U of T policies and processes
Advisory Council members provide advice to the Lawson Centre on:
- Emerging child nutrition
- Related scientific issues, trends, challenges, and opportunities in national and global contexts
- Knowledge translation and science communication opportunities
- Opportunities for scientific partnerships