Websites on Nutrition and Health
COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- Temerty Faculty of Medicine
- University of Toronto
- The Lancet
- The New England Journal of Medicine
- International Society for Research in Human Milk and Lactation
- COVID-19 Infant Feeding Research Interest Group and Working Group
- World Obesity Federation Childhood Obesity: Maintaining momentum during COVID-19
- Canada's Food Guide
User-friendly guide from Health Canada on how to eat and enjoy a variety of healthy, whole foods.
- Applying Canada's Dietary Guidelines
A resource for health professionals and policy makers that provides guidance on how to support patients adopt Canada's Dietary Guidelines.
- Nutrition Labelling Online Course
Free course for health professionals and educators.
- Dietitians of Canada
How to find a dietitian, assess nutritional intake, and plan and prepare meals.
- Canadian Nutrition Society
A national organization that connects nutrition and health professionals, researchers, policy makers and industry.
- Nutrition Connections
Registered dietitians, consultants and coordinators working to meet the needs of health promotion professionals.
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada
Funds cardiac research, empowers the public through education and advocates for changes to make Canadians healthier.
Nutrition screening tool for toddlers and pre-schoolers.
- Childhood Obesity Foundation
Leading a societal shift toward healthy eating and active lifestyles.
- Food is Our Medicine
Webinar series for healthcare professionals, exploring the relationship between Indigenous foodways, reconciliation, healing and healthcare.
- Our Kids' Health
Evidence-based health and nutrition information for families, in many languages.
- Ontario Healthy Kids Strategy
Aims to improve child health through a focus on pregnancy and early childhood, healthy food choices and building communities for active kids.
- Ontario Food and Nutrition Strategy
A 2017 report on three strategic directions and 25 action areas designed to improve Ontario's food systems and the health of its people.
- Ontario Student Nutrition Program
Helps schools and community partners develop local programs that offer students nutritious food at breakfast, lunch and during snack times.
- Best Start
Ontario's Maternal Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre.
- Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health
Secondary, tertiary and quaternary services, delivered in community and hospital settings.
- A Guide to Methods for Assessing Childhood Obesity
This guide will improve understanding of common adiposity assessment methods and which are most appropriate for particular objectives.
- LactaPedia, Family Larsson-Rosenquist Foundation
This free, online resource aims to create a consistent and research-based terminology for human lactation.
- Diabetes Canada
Helping people with diabetes live healthy lives while working to find a cure.
A resource hub on diabetes prevention and healthy lifestyles, for families and health professionals. Created by Canadian children's hospitals.
- Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation
Promotes education and clinical innovation for prevention and self-management of childhood diabetes. Offers resources and programs for school-age kids, especially in the Simcoe region of Ontario.
SickKids' Family Resources
An education resource for children and families, by trusted health-care experts at The Hospital for Sick Children.
- Centre for Global Child Health
A hub for SickKids' global child-health activities, including research, capacity building, policy development and advocacy.
- Centre for Healthy Active Kids
SickKids' centre that addresses childhood obesity and promotes healthy nutrition and physical activity for all kids.
- 24 Hour Movement Guidelines for the Early Years
Movement guidelines on amount and intensity of physical activity, sleep, and limits to sedentary time for children aged 5 to 17, from the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology.
- 24 Hour Movement Guidelines for Children and Youth
Movement guidelines for children aged 5 to 17, from the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology.
- Outdoor Play Canada
A network of leaders and organizations working to galvanize an outdoor play movement across Canada.
- Healthy Active Living and Obesity Research Group
This group is based at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute and aims to improve the child health and well-being.